- Auto Accident Injury
- Chiropractic Research
- School & Sports Physicals
- Stress Free Lunch Break
- What is ART?
At MaxHealth Chiropractic, we are competitive towards getting people out of pain – FAST – without drugs, surgeries or injections. That is why we provide the highest level of therapeutic technology and rehab in today’s modern world.
The Chiropractic Adjustment is the cornerstone of our practice. Realigning the spine into proper position alleviates pain, degeneration and allows the body the heal and function at its best. We offer a wide variety of adjustment techniques, including instrument-assisted ones.
Active Release Techniques (ART) is a medically patented soft-tissue technique used to restore muscle length and function by breaking up myofacial adhesions, restoring oxygen to the tissues allowing each muscle fiber to glide back and forth like silk and without friction. During exercise and activity, muscles contract – relax, repeatedly over and over again. If an injury occurs, oxygen to those muscles becomes depleted and overtime prevents proper healing to occur. Oxygen deprivations within the muscle fibers cause fibrinogen to form. Fibrinogen is the precursor to scar tissue. Scar-tissue not only causes pain but also decreases an person’s ability to function by means of lessening their range-of motion causing other muscle to compensate. Compensation leads the athlete prone to further injury. ART treats and prevents all of those problems making ART the Gold Standard of soft-tissue techniques.
Dr. Max Cohen is a Certified Provider in Active Release Techniques. He gets amazing results with local athletes and those just looking to move and perform pain-free.
MaxHealth Chiropractic has recently added K-Laser therapy into our practice because we want to provide a high-quality treatment option for our patients to heal quickly, recover fully and reduce pain effectively. K-Laser is an FDA cleared therapeutic treatment that manages pain and inflammation while accelerating tissue regeneration.
Dr. Max is the only Certified Fascial Movement Taping Level 1 & 2 expert in Wellington. FMT is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping certification that redefines the previous understandings of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain mitigation, circulation and proprioception. Movement therapy and performance enhancement via functional taping methods are studied in great detail. The emphasis on how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function is what makes FMT superior to other taping methods.
The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is the product of an exercise philosophy know as Functional Movement Systems. This exercise philosophy and corresponding set of resources is based on sound science, years of innovation and current research.
Put simply, the FMS is a ranking and grading system that documents movement patterns that are key to normal function. By screening these patterns, the FMS readily identifies functional limitations and asymmetries. These are issues that can reduce the effects of functional training and physical conditioning and distort body awareness. The FMS generates the Functional Movement Screen Score, which is used to target problems and track progress. This scoring system is directly linked to the most beneficial corrective exercises to restore mechanically sound movement patterns.
At MaxHealth Chiropractic, our Chiropractic Technical Assistants monitor the FMS score to track progress and identify those exercises that will be most effective to restore proper movement and build strength in each of our patients.
Been in an auto accident? Small fender bender left you feeling no pain? Sometimes symptoms are not seen or felt right away. Whiplash injuries need to be taken very seriously! Whiplash injury and it’s symptoms can take weeks or months to manifest, leaving you feeling perfectly fine in the meantime.
Often times, people don’t seek treatment after a car accident because they don’t feel pain. It is ALWAYS recommended that car accident victims seek an immediate medical evaluation. The most common injury to the neck is a whiplash injury. Whiplash is caused by a sudden movement of the head, either backward, forward, or sideways, that results in the damage to the supporting muscles, ligaments and other connective tissues in the neck and upper back.
Dr. Max Cohen is able to make an immediate assessment of your injuries and either prescribe a treatment plan or refer you to another specialist if needed. Schedule an appointment today for a FREE consultation!
The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Examined After A Car Accident:
- You may be injured and not know it.
- Injuries such as whiplash usually may not show any symptoms for hours, days or even weeks later. At MaxHealth Chiropractic, whiplash injuries are detected before symptoms appear.
- Medical professionals agree that the first 72 hours after an accident are critical and the time treatment can be most effective.
- Many injuries from automobile accidents occur at speeds of 6-12 MPH. Cars are designed not show much damage, but your body might.
- A soft-tissue injury can be permanent. Scar tissue can form in your muscles leaving them less flexible and prone to re-injury in the future without treatment.
- Getting prompt medical treatment preserves your legal rights and supports any claims you might make regarding accident injuries that involve insurance companies and legal counsel.
- If you are not injured, you can sleep better at night knowing you had an extensive exam and found out everything was fine.
- Statistics show the longer you wait for treatment after you are injured, the longer it takes to heal and more treatments are required.
- Many injuries will not heal on their own. Prompt functional treatment can restore normal function and prevent complications in the future.
- Emergency room personnel specialize in treating life threatening injuries and more visible injuries like broken bones, cuts and bruises. When it comes to injuries like soft tissue trauma and whiplash, an emergency room exam may not find the problems.
1. Chiropractic Adjustments Boost Antioxidant Levels
This fascinating study found that people with back or neck pain had a significant increase in blood serum antioxidant levels after receiving chiropractic care.
2. Chiropractic Care Keeps Seniors Mobile and Active
This is a really great study that looked at Medicare recipients who received chiropractic care, and compared them to non-chiropractic patients. The study found that chiropractic had a “protective effect,” safeguarding them from physical deterioration.
3. Chiropractic is Safe and Effective for Back Pain During Pregnancy
This study states that 85% of pregnant women reported relief from back pain after receiving chiropractic adjustments.
4. Chiropractic Reduces Herniated Disc Pain
This study provided chiropractic adjustments to 148 patients who had been diagnosed with a herniated disc. Eighty-eight percent of patients reported pain relief even up to six-months after treatment.
5. Chiropractic Boosts Recovery from Ankle Sprains
This study from South Africa compared chiropractic therapy plus rehabilitation to rehabilitation alone. It found that the chiropractic patients had a quicker recovery and less pain than the exercise-only group.
6. Chiropractic Eases Back-Related Leg Pain
Leg pain is a common symptom that some back pain patients experience. This 2014 study, in theAnnals of Internal Medicine, finds that chiropractic adjustments with home exercises have a “clinically important advantage” over exercises alone for this type of pain.
7. Benefits of On-Site Chiropractic Care for Workers
Published in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, this study examined on-site [in the workplace] versus off-site chiropractic care provided to workers. It determined that the on-site chiropractic care resulted in lower healthcare utilization rates.
8. Spinal Manipulation Alters Pain and Stress Hormones
Researchers from Spain looked at blood serum levels of thirty test subjects before and after adjustments of the spine, and compared them to people who did not receive adjustments. They found that adjustments altered neuropeptides associated with pain and stress.
9. Chiropractic Less Expensive than Medical Care
This review of the scientific literature concluded that chiropractic care had an “economic advantage” over medical care for musculoskeletal pain.
10. Chiropractic Safer than Medical Care for Elderly
This study, published in the prestigious medical journal Spine, found that Medicare patients who saw a chiropractor for musculoskeletal pain had a 76% lower rate of injury compared to medical patients.
11. Chiropractic Effective for Patients with Spinal Degeneration
This study, published in the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, found that men with spinal disc degenerative disease benefited from chiropractic adjustments.
12. Chiropractic Best Option for Acute Back Pain
Another study in the journal, Spine, found that people with acute back pain were provided better pain relief with chiropractic adjustments than with medical care.
13. Chiropractic Relieves Neck Pain in Senior Citizens
This study, from The Spine Journal, found that chiropractic worked better than home exercises for older patients who were suffering from neck pain.
14. Chiropractic Helps Athletes Jump Higher After Ankle Injury
This small, pilot study from Sweden found that athletes who were recovering from an ankle injury had better jump performance after receiving chiropractic adjustments.
- Kolberg C, Horst A, Moraes MS, et al. Peripheral oxidative stress blood markers in patients with chronic back or neck pain treated with high-velocity, low-amplitude manipulation. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2014;Dec doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2014.11.003
- Weigel PAM, Hockenberry JM, Wolinsky FD. Chiropractic use in the Medicare Population: prevalence, patterns, and associations with 1-year changes in health and satisfaction with care. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2014;37:542-551.
- Peterson CK, Mühlemann D, Humphreys BK. Outcomes of pregnant patients with low back pain undergoing chiropractic treatment: a prospective cohort study with short term, medium term and 1 year follow-up. Chiropractic and Manual Therapies 2014;22(1):15.
- Leemann S, Peterson CK, Schmid C, et al. Outcomes of acute and chronic patients with magnetic resonance imaging – confirmed symptomatic lumbar disc herniations receiving high-velocity, low-amplitude, spinal manipulative therapy: a prospective observational cohort study with one-year follow-up. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2014;37(3);155-163.
- Lubbe D, Lakhani E, Brantingham JW, et al. Manipulative therapy and rehabilitation for recurrent ankle sprain. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 2014 Nov 6. pii: S0161-4754(14)00204-8.
- Bronfort G, Hondras MA, Schulz CA, et al. Spinal manipulation and home exercise with advice for subacute and chronic back-related leg pain. Annals of Internal Medicine 2014;161:381-391.
- Kindermann SL, Hou Q, Miller RM. Impact of chiropractic services at an on-site health center. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2014;56(9):990-992.
- Plaza-Manzano G, Molina F, Lomas-Vega R, et al. Changes in biochemical markers of pain perception and stress response after spinal manipulation. Journal Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy 2014;44(4):231-9.
- Tsertsvadze A, Clar C, Court R, et al. Cost-effectiveness of manual therapy for the management of musculoskeletal conditions: a systematic review and narrative synthesis of evidence from randomized controlled trials. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2014;37:343-362.
- Whedon JM, Mackenzie TA, Phillips RB, Lurie JD. Risk of traumatic injury associated with chiropractic spinal manipulation. Spine 2014;Dec 9.
- Vieira-Pellenz F, Oliva-Pascual-Vaca A, Rodriquez-Blanco C, et al. Short-term effect of spinal manipulation on pain perception, spinal mobility, and full height recovery in male subjects with degenerative disk disease: a randomized controlled trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2014;95:1613-19.
- Schneider M, Haas M, Glick R, Stevans J, Landsittel D. A comparison of spinal manipulation methods and usual medical care for acute and sub-acute low back pain: a randomized clinical trial. Spine 2014;Nov 21.
- Maiers M, Bronfort G, Evans R, et al. Spinal manipulative therapy and exercise for seniors with chronic neck pain. Spine Journal 2014;14(9):1879-1889.
- Hedlund S, Nilsson H, Lenz M, Sundberg T. Effect of chiropractic manipulation on vertical jump height in young female athletes with talocrural joint dysfunction: a single-blinded randomized clinical pilot trial. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2014;37(2):116-23.
As part of our “Community Outreach Program”, MaxHealth Chiropractic is offering our local families the opportunity and convenience of school & sports physicals for a small donation of ONLY $20!
The best part is that 100% of this donation will be given back to the school and program of your choice!
As you can see, this provides an excellent opportunity for the students to obtain the required exam AND to raise money for the school programs.
To schedule an appointment, click here, or call 561.249.0373. Same day appointments are often available.
Students must be accompanied by a parent, they must bring the appropriate school supplied paperwork with them, and they must mention this offer prior to exam to reduce our fee and make the donation.
Are you a business owner? Looking to help your employees increase productivity and decrease stress and days off work? We are here to help! We can offer your business a “Stress-Free Lunch Break” for FREE! Yes – free food, free health advice, free trigger-point release massage….we do all the work, you look like a SUPER-HERO!
In your company’s lobby, cafeteria, reception area, meeting room, conference room, nearly anywhere with room for a massage chair, we can pamper your employees with a soothing, rejuvenating massage!
There is no catch or hidden fee. It helps us spread the word about who we are and what we offer while adding value to your benefits package and work environment.
We have provided our Stress-Free Lunch Break for many companies and organizations, big and small; private-owned, corporate and government entities, such as: gyms, dance studios, Palm Beach County School Board, teachers, schools, churches, Police Department, orthodontists and dentists, lighting and architecture firms, real estate firms and more! YOUR company can be next!
Happier, healthier employees stay longer and work more efficiently…which helps YOUR bottom line!
Why companies LOVE their Stress-Free Lunch Break:
1. FREE. No cost, no obligation.
2. Great energy and morale booster
3. Helps with employee retention and productivity
4. Decreased employee stress
5. Employees work while we massage
Are you a local business owner? Do you work for a local company?
Would YOU like to be the one to offer this AMAZING opportunity to your employees and colleagues?
CALL TODAY OR CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR STRESS FREE LUNCH BREAK: 561-249-0373
MaxHealth Chiropractic pictured below at LED Source and Shults Orthodontics Stress-Free Lunch Break.
We are currently scheduling for this month and next month – Call NOW! 561-249-0373.
ART stands for Active-Release Technique. It is a medically patented soft-tissue technique used to restore muscle length and function by breaking up myofacial-adhesions, restoring oxygen to the tissues allowing each muscle fiber to glide back and forth like silk and without friction.
WHAT HAPPENS IS THIS:
- During exercise and activity, muscles contract – relax, repeatedly over and over again.
- If an injury occurs, oxygen to those muscles becomes depleted and overtime prevents proper healing to occur.
- Oxygen deprivations within the muscle fibers cause fibrinogen to form.
- Fibrinogen is the precursor to scar tissue.
Scar-tissue not only causes pain but also decreases an person’s ability to function by means of lessening their range-of motion causing other muscle to compensate. Compensation leads the athlete prone to further injury. ART treats and prevents all of those problems making ART the Gold Standard of soft-tissue techniques.
WHAT IS ART TREATMENT LIKE?
Every ART session is actually a combination of examination and treatment. The ART provider uses his or her hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements.
These treatment protocols – over 500 specific moves – are unique to ART. They allow providers to identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient. ART is not a cookie-cutter approach.
Dr. Max Cohen is a Certified Provider in Active Release Technique, as well as an ART Ironman Provider. He gets amazing results with local athletes and those just looking to move and perform pain-free. Please call our office for a free consultation to see how ART can work for you! 561.249.0373